Blogging has become very popular among businesses to drive traffic towards their official websites. Everyone wishes to see their Google Analytics accounts jammed with huge number of visitors. In this post, you will get to know about the ways to increase your page views, and decrease your bounce rates.
Technical meaning of page view
Web pages consist of different images and each picture is a separate file. Each time a visitors visits your blog or website, they view a webpage with numerous graphics, images, or pictures generating multiple hits.
For example, if the webpage you click has 5 images, then 6 requests will have to be sent to the server (5 for graphics and one for HTML file). The requests also constitute as page hits too, even if you viewed 1 page. Therefore, hits are not regarded as a reliable way of measuring web traffic. Therefore page views are measured.
Visitors viewing only a single page on your site or blog, contribute towards the bounce rate. Now, you may be wondering, what is this bounce rate? Bounce rate calculates the percentage of visitors arriving at your blog or homepage, and leaving without going to any other page. Thus, you can say that those visitors are ‘bouncing off’ the website.
What is the concept behind bounce rate?
Bounce rate concept is designed as the measurement metrics of your homepage performance. Remember that different pages will have different usage patterns, and bounce rates.
Blogging and marketing go hand in hand. To own an effective business WordPress blog, you will need to think like a reader.
Read More : How to Speed up WordPress Site to Boost Performance
Parameters to Increase Page Views and Reduce Bounce Rate
• Write ‘Pillar content’ – Without pillars a building can collapse. Similarly without Pillar content, your blog can cave in. Informative pillar content of 1000 words full of tips and hints adds value. Moreover, it is regarded as link worthy.
• Interlink your contents – Interlinking means connecting your old web page contents or blog posts. In this way, you are inviting visitors to browse through more targeted contents. Thus your business website gets some valuable organic traffic and SEO benefits.
• Show related posts – In the end of your blog posts, display links to highly relevant content. An interested guest is sure to click on the related posts. This allows you to present some of your remarkable and classic posts.
• Use excerpts – Your blog’s homepage is similar to a magazine’s front page, so avoid placing large text posts. Showing excerpts reduces page load time and gives the reader a pleasant experience.
• Split long posts – A single long topic split into multiple posts has proved to increase page views in comparison to single long posts. Remember to interlink all the series with one another, so that readers can easily locate the others. Even if you have split the posts, ensure that each individual post stands on its own. It can be helpful and make sense to the person reading, just a single post of that series.
Read More : How to Use Thank-you email plugin to increase Traffic on Your WordPress Blog
To diminish bounce rates and augment your WordPress blog page views, the key thing that needs to be done is give your readers, a better user experience. Usability is important for an effective blog, and it will surely generate high page views. The above techniques will help you grow as a successful blogger.